Saturday 1 November 2014

An awesome weekend!

Hey

I have had an awesome weekend!! There's nothing like a Friday night party with friends, followed by a sleepover :D My friends are the best! We played games, we laughed, we ate, (I got something in my throat and coughed for two minutes) we went outside in the wetness, ate candy, watched a movie, and danced around to Toby Mac and other artists!! In other words, it was an awesome party! (anyone who thinks home schoolers don't party, think again. We party hard, but in a good way!) After the party, I slept over at my friend's house. (same friend who hosted the party.) After we got everything cleaned up, we had tea with her mom, and had some great conversation. Then went “to bed” and talked for 2 more hours... Finally we went to sleep around 1:30. Needless to say, we were quite tired today!!
Later after I was back home, my mom, little sister, and I went shopping. Thrift stores are normally great, but didn't have so much success with what I needed today. Party because I wasn't in the mood to sort through racks and racks of clothes that weren't organized well at all. I did buy three scarves though, so that was nice!! (Seriously, don't pay 20 bucks for a scarf! Get one at the thrift stores for less than 5!)

Tonight, I started writing my NaNoWriMo novel! For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, it was founded by someone on the cliffs of insanity. Oh wait, no it wasn't. But the person who found it might have suffered from insanity! (By the way, auto correct thinks I mean noncriminal. I assure you, us writers aren't criminals, no matter what may appear in our search histories!) NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. So basically, participants write as much as they can of a novel, without editing. The goal is to encourage people to just write, without critiquing too much. It's just to have fun, and get a story out of you! For people who want their writing published, it's an opportunity to work really hard to get the first draft out. I'm doing the young writers part of the program, with a word count goal of 20,000. That is just a brief summary of NaNo. It's really a lot crazier than that! I might write another post going into it more.

Anyways, that is what has been happening in my life this weekend!! Tomorrow will be lots more writing, and... studying for science and Bible tests on Monday... whoopdeedoo... I hope you are all having a great weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment!